I bet at least one person who’s been reading my blog has anticipated that I would make a post like this someday.
That is, if anyone reads my blog at all.
Before I actually start typing:
I’m typing this post at approximately 0010 hours. Yes, that’s midnight already. My mind’s kinda blank now, so I’ll just type out whatever I’m thinking. It may sound a bit ridiculous at times, I’m sorry, and I’m wondering why I’m making this post at 0010 when I have projects to rush. But hey, Hanasaku Iroha was just so inspiring I guess I had to make this post.
Now, I’m not really going to talk about how awesome 2D girls are and how they just own 3D girls, physically-wise or otherwise.
By the way, I’m not those kind of people who’re obsessed with 2D girls. Awesome is awesome, but I know how to differentiate between 2D and 3D, thanks.
Instead, I’m actually writing more about the personality side: how 2D girls differ from real life ones.
The personalities of 2D girls take a huge spectrum. I can’t really explain it out here, but it’s just appealing. And there’re reasons for that.
1. They don’t act all high-and-mighty and start being extreme douchebags like some girls out there. And even when they DO act high-and-mighty (usually ojou characters), they still don’t act like extreme douchebags. Exceptions might apply, but I’m sure that’s generally the case.
2. I’m sure most 2D girls don’t swear all the time like some girls I know in real life.
3. They. are. not. freakin’. sluts.
4. People are generally more tolerant towards flaws in 2D personalities. In other words, too bad for the 3D girls.
5. And most importantly, these personalities don’t usually appear in real life, thus the appeal.
As I’ve mentioned, the most important point would be point no. 5. How often do we meet tsunderes? Almost never. And what about those girls who act all shy around you? Almost never as well. We are attracted to these personalities, which generally do not exist in the RL world.
Maybe I’m just talking rubbish. My mind’s pretty much blank now.
I don’t know anymore, I’m just hoping I get to meet a girl with a refreshing attitude.
And I guess the ones that’ll probably meet my expectations are the Japanese/Koreans.
I don’t like the Japanese solely because I watch anime (that’s a dumb reason imo). I like the Japanese because their attitude is really admirable. I mean, they’re generally nice people, they don’t swear at you, and they don’t clamour for attention (well, generally anyway). Come on, this kind of attitude is almost nonexistent in Singapore. Girls in Singapore are rude and a lot of them swear. And what’s with all the attention whoring? Being rude + Swearing + Attention whoring just doesn’t add up to a nice personality.
I suppose Koreans are like the Japanese too, refined and nice. I think. :D
Maybe I’m overgeneralising because of all the attention whoring going on in my school, but this is the kind of things I’ve been seeing through my days in school. Maybe I haven’t gone through much in life to say anything.